Friday, October 21, 2011

In Christianity: Live Peacably with all Men

So I'm a christian.  With that being said I know that I cannot push my religion on people or make them feel uncomfortable in my presence.  I also can't get hurt or defensive when people attack my religion or religion in general.  It frustrates me when I see other christians getting in arguments or super aggressive when it comes to religious conversations.  When that's not the way we're supposed to be.  We are supposed to spread the Gospel but not to the point that people are offended by us or people feel uncomfortable when we come around.  We are supposed to be an example by being consistent and a person people can trust to come to us for advice when needed.  I'm am not the type of person to attack somebody's beliefs or get into an argument with an idiot for ignorantly attacking mine.  Instead I listen to what people say and I speak my mind if it won't cause an argument, and that's it.

I think the problem comes in when we don't study our craft.  It's easy to get offended when somebody attacks our beliefs when we're ignorant of the very foundation of what it is that we believe in.  I know the bible says "study to answer", but if we don't study then it's no wonder that we can't answer.  But as a professional and somebody that is supposed to let my light so shine I can't ever cause myself to be led into a heated debate because of somebody's hatred of my beliefs.  If somebody wants to talk about God then I'm all for it.  If somebody has questions about what I believe then no problem, hell if some idiot wants to ask a question to try to make me look stupid and I can answer it then that's what I'll do.  But we can never allow our "idiot" to come out and argue with their "idiot."  It's unprofessional and unchristianlike.  The bible in proverbs says to "answer not a fool according to his folly."  Sometimes if we can't maintain our dignity the best thing to do is to remain silent.  That might speak more for you and what you believe in then any answer you might give out of anger or resentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment